Our consultations are very thorough, and we use the latest in hearing test technology to ensure you get the very best advice and help with whatever your hearing issues are.
A Full hearing consultation will take 90 minutes and comprises of:
- History -Steven prides himself in listening to your concerns and the symptoms in order to fully understand your hearing difficulties.
- Examination – Your ears will be examined for wax, infection or any other abnormalities. This is done using a video Auroscope (a high definition camera). Should you have wax blocking your ears, Steven Hale is a Registered Ear Care Practitioner which means he can remove wax using several methods.
- Testing – Once Steven has established that your ears are clear, he can then proceed to performing a Pure Tone Audiogram (or Hearing Test). During this procedure you will wear a pair of headphones and be asked to press a simple button whenever you hear a sound.
- Advanced Testing – Steven then proceeds to more in-depth testing where he will carry out Speech, Speech in Noise and Middle Ear Function tests to establish the specific problems within the audiological system.
- Treatment Plan – He will then explain the results in great detail and he will make recommendations on how to move forward and get the best out of your hearing.
- Further treatment – Should he feel it necessary, he may recommend that you be referred to an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Consultant. He can offer best advice on which Consultant to see.